The Civil Service Commission (CSC) announces the nationwide conduct of the Career Service Examination-Paper and Pencil Test (CSE-PPT)for Professional and SubProfession. Civil Service Commission (CSC) accepts applications starting Monday, April 7 to September 11, 2014 (deadline of filing).
For further questions and inquiries on the CSE-PPT, call the CSC at (02) 931-7939, (02) 931-7935, and (02) 931-8092, or the Contact Center ng Bayan at 1-6565, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or text 0917-TEXTCSC (0917-8398272). Examinees may also inquire at any CSC regional or field office nearest them or visit the Central Office at Batasang Pambansa Complex, Diliman, Quezon City.
The October 2014 Civil Service Exam is subdivided into Career Service Professional Examination and Career Service Sub-Professional Examination for the Paper and Pencil Test (CSE-PPT).
CSC reminds that acceptance of applications shall be on a FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED basis and shall be closed any time before the deadline if the CSC Regional/Field Office has already reached the target number of applicants.
The CS eligibility exam is administered every year to establish a register of eligibles from which certification and appointment to the second and first level positions in the civil service shall be made, provided said eligibles meet the qualifications and other requirements of the positions.
According to CSC, there will be 52 testing centers nationwide for October 26, 2014 Civil Service Exam (CSE-PPT).
All applicants must strictly meet the following qualification requirements:
1. Filipino citizen;
2. At least 18 years old on the date of filing of application;
3. Of good moral character;
4. Has not been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude, or disgraceful or immoral conduct, dishonesty, examination irregularity, drunkenness, or addiction to drugs;
5. Has not been dishonorably discharged from military service, or dismissed for
cause from any civilian position in the government; and
6. Has not taken the same level of Career Service Examination in less than three (3) months from the date of examination or from July 26, 2014 to October 25, 2014.
1. Fully accomplished Application Form (CS Form No. 100, Revised November 2012). The spaces for “Signature of Applicant” and “Right Thumbmark” on the form should be left blank. These shall be accomplished in the presence of the CSC processor.
2. Four (4) copies of identical I.D. pictures with specifications, as follows:
a. Passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4 inches)
b. Colored, with white background
c. Taken within three (3) months prior to filing of application
d. Printed on good quality photo paper
e. In standard close-up shot (from shoulder level up with the head and face occupying at least 80% of the picture and with the name tag positioned at approximately 1 inch or 2.54 cm below the chin)
f. In bare face (with no eyeglasses or any accessories that may cover the facial features)
g. Showing left and right ears
h. Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
i. With neutral facial expression, and both eyes open
j. With full and handwritten (not computer-generated) name tag in
the format: First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name (if any), and signature over printed name
3. Original and photocopy of any valid ID containing applicant’s clear picture, date of birth, signature, and signature of the authorized head of the issuing agency such as Driver’s License, SSS ID, GSIS ID, Philhealth ID, current Company/Office ID, current School ID, Postal ID, BIR ID, Barangay ID, Voter’s ID, Valid Passport, or Police Clearance (Note: Any other ID not included in the list shall NOT be accepted)
4. Examination fee of Five Hundred Pesos (Php 500.00).
Where to get and file application forms
The application form is available at any CSC Regional/Field Office, or may be downloaded from the CSC website: www.csc.gov.ph. The application form may be photocopied using legal sized bond paper.
Applicants are strongly advised to file their applications at the CSC Regional Office (CSCRO), or at any of the CSCRO’s Field Offices, where they intend to take the examination.
CSC said that proper attire should be worn during filing of application. APPLICANTS SHOULD NOT BE IN SLEEVELESS SHIRT/BLOUSE, OR IN SHORT PANTS, OR IN SLIPPERS.
Scope of Examinations
The Career Service Examinations shall cover the following subject areas:
1. For Professional Level – In English and Filipino; vocabulary, grammar and correct usage, paragraph organization, reading comprehension, analogy, logic, and numerical reasoning.
2. For SubProfessional Level – In English and Filipino; vocabulary, grammar and correct usage, paragraph organization, reading comprehension, spelling, clerical operations, and numerical reasoning.
Both Professional and SubProfessional levels of the examination shall have items on General Information, which shall include the following areas: Philippine Constitution, Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees (R.A. 6713), Peace and Human Rights Issues and Concepts, and Environment Management and Protection.
To pass the exam, examinees should get a general rating of at least 80.00.
CSC announced that two (2) weeks before the exam, examinees shall be informed of their places of examination (school assignment) through the Online Notice of School Assignment (ONSA).